Developing an abstract of a few thousand words by condensing your entire research work may be a challenging task but is not difficult if some rules are followed. Creating an effective medical abstract is also an art that can be learned and slowly mastered. Here are some tips that can make the task simpler for you.
• Keep a check on the suggested format and develop your abstract accordingly. Additionally, restrict your content to the given word limit.
• Understand your entire project before you start writing your abstract so you may do complete justice to your research. You may also practice explaining it to your friends.
• Start writing your abstract with an apt medical question and discuss why this problem needs to be answered.
• Focus on explaining relevant aspects while describing the methodology. Explain about your adopted approach and procedures, as well as your study design. You should also discuss about your sample and subjects. Do a scientific analysis of your adopted methodology.
• When you summarize your findings, see to it that they answer your research question. Your findings should be factual and based on scientific evidences.
• It is also critical to display connections among all your findings. Thus, it can be done in the conclusion you make. Make sure to discuss your study’s implications too.